The Pipeline TD will design, implement, and ensure the proper functioning of new and existing tools to enable our artists to be more efficient. As a member of the pipeline team, it’s your job to help multiply the efficiency of everyone at the studio and ensure that workflows run smoothly.
- You’ll be using Python, C#, and other programming languages to automate tasks for artists and speed up the studio’s pipeline.
- Test and mimic the essential parts of client-provided tools that are client-specific to work within our environment before deploying to the artists.
- When tools break, you’ll play the role of “firefighter” in conjunction with IT, who will handle the hardware/network side of things while you diagnose the code.
- Occasionally, when a contract needs extra coding resources, you’ll share capacity as directed with teams outside of pipeline to speed things up.
- Able to work full time on-site at our Mount Dora, FL office.
- Ability to adapt to the team’s workflow and coding style in object-oriented Python.
- Good “bedside manner” when assisting artists with troubleshooting tools.
- Proactive and able to thrive when granted autonomy.
- Excellent communication skills among both technical and non-technical team members of the studio.
- Coding experience in C++, C#, or Mel.
- Professional studio experience.
- Experience in animation, rigging, or other parts of the art pipeline.
- Working knowledge of: Maya, Unity, Plastic, Perforce, Shotgun, Jira, MotionBuilder, or other industry-standard tools
- Good UI design sense.
- Experience making QT GUIs in Python.
- Experience with Linux.