*NOTE: Before you read my resume please know I am currently in Beijing, China but am originally from Volusia county, Florida and would be immensely happy to find work doing what I love back home!
No. 1601, 13th Floor, Building 3, No. 129, Chaoyang North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100027
Cell phone: +86 186-1024-7047
To create exciting and entertaining character performances and cinematic sequences through 3D animation, previsualization, and layout.
– Senior level experience in creating 3D animated character performances for film, television, games actions and cycles and in-game cinematics.
– Experience in leading and collaborating with teams of artists both in house and offsite outsourced.
– Experience in 3D previsualization and layout for 3D animated television shows and video games, including camera animation and composition, cinematic language and full sequence layout and editing.
– Background in all aspects of 3D production, 2D illustration, graphic art, acting for animation and a broad understanding of human and animal locomotion.
Computer and Technology Skills
– Autodesk Maya (Expert)
– Proprietary Software (ILM, Lucasfilm and Sony)
– Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Premier and Illustrator (Proficient)
– Shotgun Production Software
– Technical Computer Assembly and Networking
– Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux OS
Floating World Animation, – Beijing, China (June 2015 – Present)
• Production Designer and Director
-Lead a team of in house artist and outsourcing teams in developing artistic and technical aspects of 3D animated TV shows.
-Supervised and Directed the look and feel of all aspects of preproduction and production, including but not limited to: concept art, modeling, rigging/blend-shapes, texturing, lighting and compositing.
Super Genius, – Oregon City, OR (January 2015 – June 2015)
• Senior Cinematic Artist/3D Animator
-Developed, laid out and animated in game cinematic sequences for Skylanders SuperChargers.
-Created character animations for in game cinematics for Skylanders SuperChargers and Tales from the Borderlands.
Activision (Toys for Bob), – Novato, CA (April 2014 – July 2014)
• Senior Cinematic Artist/3D Animator
-Developed and laid out in game cinematic sequences for Skylanders Trap Team.
-Created character animations for in game cinematics, talk cycles and battle arena game-play.
ThirdMotion Inc., – San Francisco, CA (July 2013 – February 2014)
• Senior Cinematic Artist/Lead Animator
-Developed the look and feel of each project’s animated characters, cameras and sequences.
-Supervised, reviewed and provided feedback on the work of all contract and in house animators.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd., – Nicasio, CA (May 2011 – May 2013)
• Previz (3D Story Artist) “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”
-Worked with the episodic directors to create a script to screen 3D animated visualizations of specific shots and sequences for each episode.
Sony Pictures Imageworks, – Albuquerque, NM (January 2011 – April 2011)
• 3D Animator “Green Lantern” Feature Film
-Animated full CG characters, digital stunt doubles and 3D body replacements
Red Giant Studios LLC., – San Francisco, CA (January 2008 to March 2010)
• 3D Layout Artist and Supervising Modeler “Them Greeks…!” Short Film
-Modeled all 14 of the main characters for the short film as well as supervised and provided feedback and directors notes on all set, props and additional character models.
– Worked with the director to layout character performances and develop the pace and feel for multiple sequences of the short film
• 3D Animation Supervisor “The Way to Heaven” Short Film
– Supervised the work and provided feedback to animators to help reach the director’s desired performances and maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the film
– Selected and assigned shots for each animator based on their individual animation strengths
- 3D Character Animation
- basic UV layout
From September 2006 to January 2008
Character Animation Program at Animation Mentor
Mentors: Randy Haycock, Dimos Vrysellas, Greg Kyle, Nick Bruno, and Kenny Roy
From February 2006 to August 2006
3D Animation Program at Full Sail University
Associate of Science Degree in Computer Animation