Cesar Gustavo Rodriguez
CESAR GUSTAVO RODRIGUEZ
1750 Mahaffey Circle Lakeland, FL 33811
Phone 863-205-6634 email@example.com
2001-2005 BFA Computer Animation Ringling College Of Art & Design Sarasota, FL
· Graduated with honors and as the 2005 Trustee Scholar of the Computer Animation Program.
· Best Of Ringling Juried Art Show 2002, 2004. Multiple works selected including sculptures, drawings and animation.
· President’s List 2002-2004. National Dean’s List Nominee.
· Resident Assistant 2002-2003. Oversaw residence halls and provided mentoring and programming for students.
· Assistant to Student Life 2002-2004 Assisted with new student orientation and inspected residence halls.
· Member: International Student Association, Non-traditional Student Association, Dream Makers Fundraising Program.
September 2010-July, 2017 Character AnimatorContractor Electronic Arts-TIBURON Orlando, FL
· Animated characters, props, cameras and lip sync performances for cinematic sequences and conducted weekly reviews with designers and art directors.
· Collaborated with technical artist and software engineers to streamline our animation pipeline by recommending, testing and implementing new tools and automation scripts.
· Created art assets for use as UI elements in various game modes.
· Assisted with the on-boarding of new animators, helping in the installation of software and hardware, requesting necessary permissions and teaching animation workflows.
· Tracked shot and take information and provided direction to actors during motion capture shoots.
July 2008-August 2010 Senior Character Animator n-Space, Inc. Orlando, FL
· Acted as animation lead, delegating tasks and providing support to other artists.
· Pre-visualized cinematic narratives through the drafting of storyboards and creation of animatics.
· Employed hand keying techniques to create character and lip sync performances as well as prop, vehicle and camera animation.
· Provided feedback to technical artist in the creation of animation rigs.
June 2005-July 2008 Associate Character Animator / Environment Modeler Electronic Arts-TIBURON Orlando, FL
· Authored game-play character animations using motion capture data.
· Identified improvements in character models and animation rigs and communicated findings via animation tests or modified scene files.
· Developed story boards and animatics from written narratives which were used pitch new features to the production team.
· Modeled, textured and created light maps for numerous in-game environments.
· Instructed artists from traditional animation backgrounds with one-on-one mentoring or by conducting group classes through EA University.
· Highly skilled in the use of MAYA, 3DS Max, Motion Builder, Adobe Creative Suites and Office applications.
· Proficient with video editing and compositing software such as Premier Pro and Shake.
· Skilled in digital illustration, story boards and concept design.
· Expert in many forms of traditional art media including drawing, painting, and sculpture.
· Bilingual: Spanish (fluent)