QA Analyst / Usability Consultant
2302 Midtown Terrace (Apt 1235), Orlando FL,32839 (813) 312 – 0576 Donaldson.Clayton@gmail.com
UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE, Baltimore, MD
B.S. in Simulation and Digital Entertainment, December 2011
· GPA:3.584, Dean’s List
· Accidentally created a highly popular Twitter account that led to work in the Game and Tech Industries.
· Work study completed for Lockheed Martin
· Actively participated in getting developers to interact with students at the University of Baltimore through various outings, events, game announcements, and social media
ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE, Liverpool New York A.O.S. in Multimedia, August 2008
· GPA: 3.46, Honors Society
· Participated in Capstone events to combine all the skills we had learned through our courses.
HULKGAMECRIT PRODUCTIONS May 2011- Current Game Designer, Marketing Lead, Writer, Reviewer, Editorials
· Work with an international team on independent game development initiatives, as well as promote the brand through social media marketing, game reviewing, streaming, recording, podcast production, and blogging.
· Daily Activities Include: Writing, Editing, Video Production, Audio Production, Game Production (PC), Game Testing (Android, PC, IOS, Steam, Uplay, and Sony Consoles), TFS, Microsoft Office, SOAP related testing, HTML5 related testing, Java related testing, Axosoft, Bugzilla, TestRails, TestManager, Social Media, Python, Scientific Research Methods, Usability, Usability Testing, Scrum Meetings, and Social Media.
Side Note on Hulk accounts: They are a subculture of individuals on Twitter that all claim a unique field that they each believe they have a specialty. I used mine originally as a form of parody for the game industry and later evolved into forms of consultation for Software and Game Development. On a weekly basis, I am testing at least one piece of software in some format.
QA Analyst / Engineer February 2017- Current
· Testing for the app release of golfnow.com, later managing the entire release for responsive of Golfnow.com, Finally testing for Core Development of GolfNow and associated websites/ apps.
· Daily Activities included Sprint cycles, SQL, Automation, Build verification, Employee training, Scrum meetings, sprint planning, Regression, Smoke tests, UAT, hotfixes, App (IOS and Android) / Tablet / Web Testing, CC Verification, and Ticket creation ( Jira).
Global Beta Test Network
QA Analyst September 2015 – Current
· Assisting GBTN with the Beta / Alpha testing of AAA videogame titles. Game Titles are currently NDA’D
· Daily Activities include: Manual Testing, Smoke Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Build Verification. Groups formed via Discord, most groups used a Unique bug tracking method that was handled by Moderators. Any issues found during the test sessions were written and submitted through them.
PWC, Tampa Fl January 2016 – May 2016
· Assisted with the testing of Aura, Aura Now, and Aura Online. A suite of systems used by PWC during their auditing process worldwide. (This was a 5-month contract through Kforce)
· Daily Activities Included: TFS, Test Manager, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Web Testing (All Browsers), Mobile Testing (IOS), PC troubleshooting, SQL, and Scrum Meetings
PODS, Clearwater Fl December 2014 – December 2015
· Assisted with the delivery of Quote, Booking, Invoicing, Pricing, QA, Container Assignment / Timestamping and Call Center Systems used by PODS on a daily basis. (This was a 3-month contract that was expanded for the entire year through Kforce) PODs is a shipping company that works in the USA, Canada, and Australia. The system I was testing involved the functions of Daily operations as well as their storefront website.
· Daily Activities Included: TFS, Test Manager, Test Rails, Ecommerce related Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Load Testing, Web Testing, Mobile Testing (IOS and Android), PC troubleshooting, Customer Support for Alpha Testers, SQL, CC Verification, and Scrum Meetings
Side Note on past Game Design work: All Game Design projects to date have been heavily connected with narrative and realism. As such projects have on multiple occasions involved leaving the office, heading into the field, and using a multitude of screw drivers and hammers to tear things apart and learn how they work.
For example: The game “Stasis Concerto” could be described as a love song for the history of music. In efforts to make the puzzles, rooms, and narrative all fit the scope of the project I had visited locations that fit the motifs for levels and rooms inside the game, experimented with instruments, music boxes, extremely rare 100-year-old pipe organs, then used sources and references in my area at the time to devise specific puzzles that rang with an expected level of authenticity. Results were then compiled, prototypes drawn, and presented to the Product Manager for review then if they passed their scrutiny were then showed to the rest of the team for feedback and potential development issues. Anything that entered into development was periodically returned back to me for testing along with confirmation that the end result was still matching the original feel for each area of the game.
Microsoft Office, Adobe Products, Autodesk Products, QA and Usability Testing platforms (Tobii Eye tracking Software / Jira/ Bugzilla/ TFS), HP ALM, TestRails, Audacity, Github, Citrix, Microsoft AX, SQL, Mac Terminal, Microsoft Test Manager, Axosoft Test manager,
Interviewed due to the quick rise of the HULKGAMECRIT account, later started working in the industry as member of the media due to my previous work on software and games along with my occasional commentary through our work in articles / podcast discussions
Scored 100 on the Systems Training Assistant Civil Services Exam for New York State.
Programming languages: HTML, C#, C++, Flash, SQL, Python