29 Blockhouse Ct | Ormond Beach FL, 32174 | 386-846-0034 | CraigWitt@Hotmail.com
Project Portfolio Manager October 2017 to October 2018
Responsible for the management of the company’s portfolio of projects by working with senior and executive leadership to govern project selection and activation. Understand and communicate internal and external requirements when onboarding projects to ensure the right projects were executed. Monthly reporting on the company’s project portfolio with respect to cost, schedule, risks, and resourcing.
· PM assigned to work with BAE as the simulation subcontractor for $5B Australian Land 400 phase to proposal
· Managed a project to create a VR gaming platform and title to be unveiled at IAAPA 2018
· Develop, maintain, and schedule training of rental fleet assets, $20M asset value
· Red team reviewer for proposals and other business development functions
Project Management & Systems Engineering Manager August 2016 to October 2017
This position replaced the Director of Programs as the company chose to eliminate the Program Management Office. Responsible to manage the companies Systems Engineers, Project Managers, & other functions related to project engineering to include Human Sciences. Roughly $800k in direct report salary.
· Responsible for managing the Project Management, Systems Engineering, and Human Science & Instructional System Design teams to insure adherence to cost, schedules, and technical compliance
· Project management steering committee member with the charge to migrate MS Project to Project Web App
· Supplemental responsibility to coach and train project leads on agile principles and values to better align the enterprise
Content development manager January 2013 to August 2016
Promoted to manage department personnel, resources, day-to-day operations, budgets, capacity, and schedules to successfully execute project plans. Roughly $500k in direct report salary. The main objective of this position is to produce quality instructional systems, curriculum, terrain databases, models, DIS compliant enumerations and art products for military and commercial training systems. Responsible for content development such as title enhancements and new applications within various software frameworks.
· Successfully delivered multiple terrain databases and scenarios for the Common Driver Trainer program
o Integrated Product Team lead for Raydon to coordinate delivery with PEO-STRI for the end users at Ft Leonard Wood
· Supplemental commitment to mentor Training Product Development employees in agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, SAFe, Lean, and Kanban)
· JIRA & Confluence administrator, CMMI ML3 – project management Special Interest Group (SIG)
Project manager November 2010 to January 2013
Promoted to lead and coordinate cross-functional teams in the design, development and engineering of complex simulation training systems. Manage project execution while meeting cost, schedule and technical compliance. Evaluate and approve design changes and document releases. Executed projects using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, SharePoint, DOORS, HelixALM, Perforce and others.
· Upgraded the Virtual Route Clearance Trainer to add Husky Mounted Detection Systems capability
o This project integrated tactical hardware and software into the virtual training system
· Successful delivery of the multiple variants of the TFT-Bradley simulator to the Army National Guard
· Acquisition of embedded computing systems with internal test and validation efforts focused on selecting platforms managing price, performance, life-cycle, and technical compliance
Systems Integrator July 2007 to November 2010
Support development and production efforts by installing and troubleshooting hardware, initializing programmable equipment, integrating hardware and software and supporting test/installation efforts, while adhering to processes/quality standards and meeting program cost and schedule constraints. Lead integrator for the Virtual Convoy Operations Trainer, Individual Gunnery Trainer, and Virtual Route Clearance Trainer.
· Worked with hardware/software engineers and artists to load and configure all phases of software from prototype to release leveraging Agile development techniques
· Automate software loading and DIS network configurations to minimize reoccurring cost
· Create repeatable release packages with work instructions to install OEM software and proprietary software
Manufacturing Test Technician January 2005 to July 2007
Responsible for system level testing of end-item products, any networked combination of those systems and all of the supporting subsystems.
· Computer hardware assembly driven by Kanban principles
· Troubleshooting and repair followed with thorough documentation
· Primary customer support contact for multiple product lines
Field Service Support July 2004 to January 2005
Servicing, repairing and maintaining Raydon’s many installed simulators.
· Primary service technician for the Raydon Virtual Driver Program, A-FIST AB-FIST
· Responsible for the delivery and setup of various systems requiring a smooth turn over to the customer
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
Aircraft Maintenance Special assignment March 2002 to August 2002
Responsible for the administration of all upgrades to equipment and electronic component procedures in airframe, instruments and power plant for the rotor-wing aircraft under the purview of Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 39 located at Camp Pendleton California.
Assistant Shop Supervisor, Avionics Shop September 2001 to March 2002
Oversaw shop performance and maintained production/turnover rate of equipment received for service. Serviced a wide range of communication and navigation equipment. Provided direct supervision of the shop’s day shift and indirect supervision of the swing and night shifts (30 to 35 technicians and supervisors).
Shift Supervisor, Avionics Shop December 2000 to September 2001
Delivered direct shop supervision for the night shift and all personnel maintaining a productive working relationship with customers and suppliers.
Collateral Duty Inspector April 2000 to July 2002
Responsible for quality assurance activities concerning repair and service of communication and navigation equipment. Ensured technicians used correct procedures while servicing flight equipment, and that all documents were filed and accounted for prior to reinstallation in an aircraft.
General Radio Technician August 1998 to April 2000
Performing electronic repairs to communication and navigation radio equipment, requiring proficiency in: technical publications, schematic diagrams, test equipment and component level repair
Marine Corps rifleman August 1997 to August 2002
Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and obey the orders of the President of the United States
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Florida Institute of Technology
BS in Computer Information Systems August 2013
Certified Scrum Master, CSM October 2011
Daytona State College
Associates of Science, Computer Engineering Technology May 2008
A.S. certificates: Computer Specialist
Network System Developer
Information Technology Technician
A+ Certified Professional, COMP001005005491 June 2007
Advanced Training Associated, El Cajon, Ca. April 2002
FCC, General Radiotelephone Operator/Ship Radar Endorsement, PG00004577
EIA/TIA-568-A, FOA, Certified Fiber Optic Technician FO143-0039
Secret Clearance, Naval Air Maintenance Training Group July 2000 – July 2009
Aircraft Communications Equipment, Intermediate Maintenance
Naval Air Maintenance Training Group January 1999
Naval Air Maintenance Training Center, Pensacola
Avionics Technician, Intermediate Level August 1998
Avionics Technician, Common Core May 1998
Fryeburg Academy, Fryeburg, Maine May 1997
Personal and professional references will be provided on request.
- Content Development
- On-time delivery
- Project Management
- Team building