14454 Prunningwood Place Winter Garden, FL 34787 (407) 625-0926
Human resources professional with a master’s degree seeking to provide top-quality HR support to ensure a competitive advantage in the marketplace and to meet department objectives.
M.S., Industrial Relations, Western New England College, Springfield, MA
B.A., Psychology, Minor: Spanish, University of Lowell, Lowell, MA
Certificate, Human Resource Management, BCCC, Newtown, PA
· Member of SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
Generate and process reports and literature using MS Office Suite, Risk Management, Origami, JDE, MUNIS, ADP Enterprise, FMLA Source, Infinium, UltiPro, Lotus Notes, PeopleSoft, CobraPoint, Kronos, ABRA, Travis Software.
Professional Experience ——————————————————————
Holiday Retirement Winter Park, FL
January 2018 to present
Employee Relations Manager
· Manage a team of Employee Relations Specialists and Leave of Absence/Accommodation Specialists and cover 250 facilities and 10,000 employees throughout the USA; Conduct phone and/or on-site investigations to resolve allegations of harassment, discrimination, misconduct, workplace violence, ethical violations, wage and hour violations, or other potential violations of law or company policies. Created a process where none existed previously and presented training on FMLA, ADA and disability management to all levels of employees. Acted as the subject matter expert and provided specialized consultation in evaluating requests for accommodation in compliance with state and federal laws. Make recommendations to management based on objective, factual investigative findings regarding the appropriate action to take, ensuring compliance and consistency
· Advise managers regarding employee conduct issues
· Strategize with the HR Director and HR Business Partners to develop effective and creative solutions to employee complaints, with the intent of minimizing the company’s liability in employment-related claims as well as promoting employee retention where possible
· Keep the HR Director and HR Business Partners apprised of complex issues, trends and themes, and partner on actions to resolve
· Seek advice from Legal Department regarding employment laws and regulations as needed
· Partner with the Legal Department to negotiate employment settlements
· Assist Legal Department by researching claims and providing thorough documentation to support Holiday’s response to employment claims
· Document issues and claims in the Company’s electronic tracking system
· Ability to travel on short notice as needed
Lake County Board of County Commissioners Tavares, FL
May 2015 – July 2017
Human Resources/Employee Relations Manager
· Develops, implements and manages employee programs as assigned, including heavy employee and labor relations, including determination conferences and grievances, recruitment of Firefighter EMTs & Paramedics, compensation and classification, HRIS/MUNIS management, employee and labor relations, including participation on the management team for Labor Relations & Negotiations conducted by the County; training and organizational development, staffing management and other human resources programs. Specifically developed a process/procedure for ADA & HIPAA including training of supervisors and employees.
· Responsible for supervising assigned department staff, providing guidance to employees and supervisors regarding employee relations issues; investigating and responding to employee complaints, grievances, EEOC and other employee relation issues, establishing program goals and objectives, managing assigned budgets, and performing related professional and administrative tasks as assigned.
Aon Hewitt Orlando, FL
July 2013 – May 2015
Operations Team Manager
· Manage the activities of a team for STD, LTD, ADA & FML which include the following: ensuring team meets/exceeds Performance Guarantees for clients; training and mentoring new employees and existing team; interviewing potential team members; being the primary contact for customers; and conducting team members’ performance evaluations.
Part of Aon’s ADA pilot program for clients; have experience with the application and interpretation of Americans with Disability Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Acts, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other federal, state and local laws and regulations governing disability and medical procedures. Provides specialized consultation and subject matter expertise in evaluating requests for accommodation in compliance with state and federal laws; Works with supervising managers and human resources to educate and implement job modifications/accommodations and coordinates implementation at the worksite; Creates and presents training on FMLA, ADA and disability management to all levels of employees.
· Ensure accurate and timely service in keeping with customer expectations, disability plan provisions, established procedures, and state and federal guidelines and regulations.
· Conduct audits to ensure that the claim team meets or exceeds every established service and performance guarantee for client(s).
· Provide customer service to clients by monitoring and resolving customer complaints that are escalated to Team Lead.
· Lead, motivate, and develop staff of 9 by conducting staff meetings and monthly/quarterly one-on-ones.
· Act as senior technical resource for internal staff and customers, resolving complex claim issues and contractual interpretations and acting as the primary contact for customers assigned to the team.
· Monitor and control personnel issues and works directly with Human Resources staff; Assess & measure staff performance; Perform semi-annual and annual performance evaluations, communicating expectations, goals, deadlines, and team results.
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. Lake Mary, FL
April 2011 – October 2012 (company-wide RIF 10/16/12)
Colleague Resources Manager
· Serves as primary Colleague Resources contact for 375+ colleagues in 9 offices throughout a Multi-State region (FL, TN, NC, SC)
· Counsels managers, supervisors and employees on Colleague Resources related issues and makes recommendations for resolutions.
· Counsels managers and supervisors on employee relations issues and make recommendations for appropriate actions.
· Investigates and document employee issues; report investigation information and make recommendations for appropriate actions.
Coordinates recruitment efforts including pre-screening applicants, scheduling/conducting interviews, administering assessment tests and reviewing background checks.
Makes recommendations on hiring decisions based on test results and background checks.
Makes recommendations on salary determinations and adjustments.
Prepares and process necessary documentation for hiring, promotions, salary reviews, and terminations obtaining necessary approval and ensuring subsequent action by Corporate Colleague Resources.
Assists colleagues with questions and issues regarding company benefit plans, payroll, leave of absence and other Human Resources related actions.
Conducts new hire orientations.
Monitors colleagues on leave of absence, including WC, STD, LTD, ADA & FML.
Identifies training needs; coordinates and conducts training on topics such as Workplace Violence and Sexual Harassment for specified offices.
Ensures Human Resources Information System data information is accurate, complete and timely.
Ensures specified offices are in compliance with company Human Resources policies and procedures; make recommendations for policy and procedure improvements as necessary.
Ability to handle confidential information without compromise.
Briggs NY, a Division of Kellwood Co. (company closed 2009) Brighton, MA
April 2002- March 2011
Employee Relations Manager
· Manage all recruitment, employee relations and benefits activities including supervision of payroll & receptionist personnel; administration of monthly performance review process; develop personnel policies and procedures; oversee Open Enrollment process; manage 3rd party benefits vendors; conduct salary surveys; administer workers’ compensation and safety programs; employee relations counseling and conduct investigations; full-cycle recruiting of exempt & non-exempt positions; oversee bi-weekly payroll; handle all unemployment claims.