Efrain J. Suarez Perez
I am a game design graduate that enjoys creating interactive experiences. Whether it be through suggesting and designing interesting game concepts/setups or through interactive level design, I always strive to create immersive experiences. I enjoy and am adept at all things regarding documentation like game design documents and play testing data gathering/interpretation. I also strive to learn as much as possible from my superiors and my peers to further improve my skills.
The Museum – Level Designer – September 31, 2017 – November 21, 2017
• Designed the environment and setups for a Scandinavian themed level using Unity and C# that revolved around the player strategically melting ice to progress throughout the level.
• Created various destructible objects to use in different setups throughout my teammates’ levels as well as my own.
• Programmed basic AI and player character environmental interactions such as patrolling enemies and shield attacks from the player that stun said enemies.
• Wrote and edited the game design document for our project.
SonoLumo – Video Pitch Creator – June 26, 2017 – July 26, 2017
• Created and pitched a video game idea to be considered for capstone within a month’s time.
• Wrote and refined the idea with emphasis on theme, mechanics, gameplay, and risks.
• Applied feedback from instructors/superiors to make the idea more viable to their interests.
• Video pitch/idea was chosen to be one of the alternatives for my class’s potential capstone projects.
Winter is Coming – Level Designer – January 2, 2017 – February 2, 2017
• Created and designed the map/layout in Google Draw of one section of this team based level design project.
• Designed an industrial themed level in Unity that featured setups with C# scripts where the player needed to avoid obstacles, shut off environmental hazards, and use conveyor belts to proceed.
- Agile/Scrum Work/Development Style Experience
- C# Scripting
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Spanish
- Game Design Documentation
- Level Design
- Perforce Knowledge and Experience
- Play Test Documentation Experience
- Unity Game Engine Knowledge
- UX Testing Knowledge/Experience
February 2016 - November 2017
Bachellor of Science Degree in Game Design at Full Sail University
Obtained a Course Director’s Award in the Game Design II and Design and Development Analysis courses for outstanding performance and excellent playtesting documentation, as well as the Perfect Attendance Award and Salutatorian Award.
August 2010 – December 2014
Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a Minor in French at Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico
Obtained the Magna Cum Laude Award
March 15, 2018 - Present
Busser at The BOATHOUSE
Assisted waitstaff by greeting and providing bread and water to guests, taking used silverware and dishes to the dish washing station, and resetting tables. Other responsibilities include: stocking/restocking workstations with plates, silverware, and linens, as well as keeping the workstation and overall restaurant clean at all times by sweeping, taking out the garbage, etc.
November 2017 - February 2018
Game Design Intern at Full Sail University
Assisted my supervisor, instructor John Fairchild, with day-to-day activities during his Game Design II and Project and Portfolio V lectures. These include answering student questions regarding the Unity game engine and C# coding language.
December 2014 - April 2016
Tech Aid at GF Solutions
Provided technical aid to a middle school under contract with GF Solutions. My responsibilities included: Data Implementation/Management and Analysis, Documentation, and Office Hardware Management/Fixing (computers, printers, Wi-fi, etc.)
May 2015 - November 2015
Bartender at Kaffa Roots Coffee Bar & Bistro
Created and prepared various cocktails as well as customer service and hospitality.