Ferdinand N. Terado, Character Animator
8565 Lake Murray Boulevard #211 ∙ San Diego, CA 92119
Dynamite character animator who likes working on creatively challenging projects. Traditionally trained in key frame animation with experience working with FACS based facial animation and body motion capture editing. Production experience on multiple triple-A titles from game development studios such as Sony PlayStation, Electronic Arts, Midway Amusement Games, and Trion Worlds. Colleagues have described me as passionate with a fun sense of humor, proactive attitude, and whose work often has a particular “signature” look.
Additional production experiences include animation and storyboard work for television shows and commercials at companies such as Charlex, Spontaneous Combustion, Synthespian Studios, Nick Digital (Nickelodeon), and Curious Pictures.
Key member of a 3-man animation “strike team” at Midway Amusement Games (now NetherRealm Studios) tasked with the successful delivery of high-quality (key framed) facial animation and motion capture editing for The Joker in the “Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe” in-game cinematics.
Known for creating the signature animation style of several characters for Trion Worlds’ flagship mmorpg title “RIFT” and all its expansions; became the game designers’ “go to” animator for creating visually distinct and dynamic combat animations for specific characters and creatures.
Company: Sony Interactive Entertainment, San Diego, CA.
Animator July 2018 – August 2019
· To Be Announced. NDA in effect.
Company: Trion Worlds, Redwood City, CA.
Senior Character Animator September 2008 – July 2018
· Created dynamic humanoid, mecha and creature animations for the mmorpg “RIFT” and all expansions.
· Recognized by game designers for setting high artistic standards for in-game combat animations.
Company: Midway Games. Chicago, IL.
Senior Character Animator January 2008 – September 2008
· Successfully recreated the maniacal personality of The Joker for the “Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe” through expressive key framed facial animation and exaggerated motion captured performances.
· Responsible for hand key facial animation and body mocap editing for cinematics.
Company: EA Chicago. Chicago, IL.
Senior Character Animator May 2005 – November 2007
· Created believable facial animations and key frame modified body mocap for both cinematics and gameplay characters for “Def Jam: ICON” and “Fight Night: R3.”
Company: Treehouse Animation. New York, NY.
Lead Character Animator March 2005 – May 2005
· Team lead for the “LEGO Star Wars: Trooper Orchestra,” and previz animator in other commercials.
The Joe Kubert School Of Cartoon And Graphic Art. Dover, NJ.
September 1995 – May 1998
· Graduate, traditional cinematic animation.
Scott Hartsman – (Former) CEO, Trion Worlds, Redwood City, CA.
Phone: (858) 405-8741 (Mobile)
Tareh Kryger – Outsource Manager, Blizzard, Irvine, CA.
Phone: (206) 856-1833 (Mobile)
Russ Cahalan – Lead animator, Manticore Games, Redwood City, CA.
Phone: (650) 387-3943 (Mobile)
Dominic Cianciolo – Cinematic director, NetherRealm Studios. Chicago, IL.
Phone: (312) 206-9805 (Work)