(540) 226-8174 | email@example.com | Staunton, VA 24401
High-energy, dynamic leader with hands-on experience in business analysis and implementing operational improvements across a variety of business industries and models. Proven record of driving process designs or revisions that optimize bottom-line results. Thrives in high-volume environments with the ability to collaborate with leadership to meet corporate objectives while successfully implementing best practices, leading teams to achieve objectives and delivering engagement through process changes.
Areas of Expertise
Leadership – Data Analysis – Continuous Process Improvements – Change Management – Lean Six Sigma Methodologies
Employee Development – Training– Project Management – Supply Chain Management– Manufacturing –Operations
Team Building – Motivation & Morale Building – Operational Models – Problem Solving – Reporting – Collaboration
Brooks International 2019 to Present
Works across a variety of industries, responsible for implementing operational and financial strategies to increase profit and stabilize business performance. Performs analysis of current processes, identifies problem areas, and develops process improvements. Creates and establishes standard operational procedures in collaboration with departmental leadership.
Analyzed $3.83B of procurement spend for a chemical production firm, identifying a 25% improvement opportunity on 274M of impactable spend through global alignment of material vendors, reducing procurement annual spend by $68.5M.
· Increase Hospitalist Program productivity by 25% from current performance, financial benefit of $5M, by increasing patient volume per physician, achieved by establishing organizational role clarity, standardization of processes, and physician retention.
Developed new operating models across a variety of verticals by analyzing the current state of business, identifying the barriers “pain points”, developing financial and operational models, and collaborating with leadership to analyze the research and revise strategies in line with corporate objectives.
Improved employee engagement and satisfaction throughout challenging change processes by providing ongoing communication of the ultimate benefits, which resulted in gaining cooperation and trust.
Target – Distribution – Stuarts Draft, VA 2015 to 2019
Operations Manager / Production Controller Backup / Certified Executive Trainer
Managed 100+ team members, training and coaching them in outbound functions and monitoring key performance metrics. Managed the Gemba project status board, captured the data, and distributed metrics analysis to the executives and team members. Wrote the executive safety newsletter for the distribution and fulfillment center, communicating safety themes, best practices, and industry trends. Built teams to achieve budgetary earn to paid ratios by collaboration to have resources available and appropriately allocated, performance metrics are clearly identified and tracked, and motivational drivers in place while driving process change improvements.
· Created the #1 performing MBP team out of 108 teams across all distribution centers in Target’s extensive distribution network for 7 consecutive months.
· Increased efficiency and resolved operational issues by utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodologies, using process improvement and problem-solving activities with peers, and collaborating with senior management.
· Redesign and Implementation of Warehouse Core Process improving Units Per Hour by 30.4%. Utilized business analytics of downtime, slow time, and barriers in design of process flow to incorporate cross departmental functions in a schedule workflow that increased workflow efficiencies.
· Certified Executive Trainer, Responsible for the onboarding for Inbound and MBP department, successfully onboarded 8 new executives over a 9 month period.
· Executive Recruitment Team member. Attended recruiting events, conducted interviews, and provided guidance on the hiring of Executives to support Target Distribution and Supply Chain.
· Back up Production Control responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting of 1000+ Employees across 5 departments and 5 shifts to support business commitments and requirements
· Reduced man-hours increasing Earned to Paid Hours ratios from 64% upon arrival in department to 105% by end of the quarter.
· Coordinated with cross-functional teams throughout Targets network outlining designing and developing process improvements and managing implementation projects.
· Received an increase to team engagement score of (35%) from previous year by direct reports on the annual Target Best Team Survey. This came as a result of continually nurturing morale and spirit.
· Reduced wasted movement and time in the center’s processes by leading the Inbound Department visual management project, utilizing data to identify incoming freight volume and implementing visual systems.
· Led and developed standard operating procedures and design layouts in collaboration with process directors and leaders.
Cargill – Turkey and Cooked Meats – Dayton, VA 2014 to 2015
Managed 50+ team members from a variety of backgrounds consisting of 19 different languages, coaching them in food processing functions and monitoring KPIs. Results-driven performance delivered by maintaining & improving reliability, stability & efficiency of process at line speed, acting as leader driving innovation for the Operations, Engineering, & Maintenance team. Led the Kaizen events for the plant and plant, driving improvements across safety, quality, performance and waste reduction.
· Engineers process to eliminate ergonomic strain. Through strategic partnership I designed and implemented process flow to eliminate ergonomic strain and safety risk for workforce delivering zero OSHA recordable incidents
· Achieved organizational staffing goals. Coached, developed, trained, interviewed, and promoted employees
· USDA Compliance. Ensured processing adhered to State, Federal, and Corporate regulations and standards
· Conflict resolution and talent management Utilize interpersonal skills to prevent or resolve employee conflicts
· Process Improvement and Implementation Designed and Implemented 7 innovative projects to reduce cost, waste, or inefficiencies while reducing ergonomic strain
· Lead Continuous Improvement. Trained and Certified as Kaizen Leader, lead two Kaizen events driving cross function teams to solve complex problems throughout plant operation
Led and developed standard operating procedures and design layouts in collaboration with cross-functional teams process owners and leadership
Feed the Fire candles – Harrisonburg, VA 2013 to 2015
Co-Found / Chief Operating Officer
Co-Founded a charitable soy wax candle company where I acted as Chief Operating Officer. Designed and supervised the production facility and processes to deliver on customer demands and satisfaction. Delivered sales results by developing relationships and closing sales with vendors and developing sales channels.
Operation Design and Development. Designed production facility and developed core process paths optimizing safety, quality, and efficiency
Financial Documentation. Maintained financial record reporting, payroll, and tax filings
Sales and Customer Acquisition. Structured and implemented sales strategy to gain market share by building and maintaining positive relationships with vendors, sales channels, and donation centers
Inventory Management. Developed inventory management system to meet customer demand while reducing inventory cost
Organizational Development. Engaged and inspired staff and business partners to complete projects on schedule
Rivermont School Rockbridge – Centra Health – Lexington, VA 2010 to 2014
Lead Mental Health Counselor
Managed 10 Counselors responsible for the daily education and therapeutically development of 40 Students receiving special education. Worked with Students, Parents, Teachers, Counselors, and other Stakeholders to develop individualized learning plans to achieve developmental benchmarks. Developed written progress reports and delivered to all stake holders in compliance with State and Federal guidelines. Instruct students in Life Skills Course and aid in the instruction of all other subjects
· Counseled Effectively. Counseled students daily to help them cope with situations that negatively affect their education in order to deliver on their individualized developmental goals
· Talent Development Trained and assisted Counselors in creating and implementing behavior goals for students
· Data Collection and Analysis. Recorded accurate and complete data on student’s daily activities
· Progress Reporting. Evaluated progression of students transition into public school by utilizing data gathered
Bachelor of Science (BS) – Double Major Business Management, Marketing
Radford University, Radford, VA
Software: MS Office, especially Proficient in Excel, Visio
BA Management at Radford University
BA Marketing at Radford University