Technical Artist / process engineer
Relocating my family to Central Florida, seeking a full time position with an organization that will utilize my leadership and 3D artist skills to benefit mutual growth and success.
Along with my team, I pride myself with the execution of projects from concept to completion. Collaborate closely with Creative Director to push the boundaries of the company’s competitive vision. Being deadline focused is important to the completion of a successful delivery of the project. Proven proficient in mentoring and leading a team of artists, ensuring that the team meets the quality and integrity of the project.
Strong time management skills with proven ability to focus on priorities. Solid understanding of production design process and art techniques when producing high and low resolution 3D projects. Excellent team communication and motivator. Well-organized, detailed oriented, and capable of multitasking efficiently to increase company production. Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems proficiently and maintain a pace in situations of intense scheduling. Able to learn new programs quickly, Proprietary software, Maya, Substance Painter, ZBrush, Adobe Suite, Unity, UDK, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office, Mac OSX, Windows.
Apple Inc. – Sunnyvale, CA
Process Engineer / Technical Artist, 04/2016 – Present
• Create 3D models for prominent landmarks in Autodesk Maya.
• Solely responsible for the 3D flyover cities pipeline.
• Head of Quality Assurance before live release.
• Delivered over 220 cities across the world in 2017-2018, doubling production of our
teams from prior years.
• Delivered 200+ city and landmark tours in 2017-2018 in the first year of production.
• Manage a production team of 20 contractors
• Create training material for on boarded contractors.
• Work with developers to design tool sets to create highly functional work environment.
• Created tour rendering tools with development engineers for proprietary software.
• Present weekly and monthly delivery reports to upper management.
• Work closely with Flight Ops to schedule updated flights of cities.
• Other duties include: Art direction, MEL scripting for Maya, redesign and update Jira
database, manage jobs submitted to SSH server.
Mindlance Inc. / Apple Engineering Team – San Jose, CA Lead 3D Artist, 06/2014 – 04/2016
• Led a team of 65 successfully through the process of deadlines.
• Motivate 3D artist to drive projects from start to finish.
• Partner closely with Art Director addressing issues related to the design and artist
• Facilitating daily, weekly work assignments.
• Identify potential problems in the art pipeline and working with team to prevent issues.
• Manage the performance, write and deliver reviews, pre-screen interviewees, and
actively pursue new recruits.
• Preform initial QA of 3D cities before delivery to client.
• Create 3D models for prominent Landmarks in Autodesk Maya.
The Adecco Group – Cupertino, CA
3D Hard Surface Modeler / QA for Apple Engineering Team, 07/2013 – 05/2014
• Touch up artist.
• 3D Hard surface modeler of buildings and Iconic Landmarks in Autodesk Maya.
• QA modeling for Flyover division.
Full Sail University – Winter Park, FL Intern Game Artist, 08/2012 – 01/2013
• Internship as a game artist, duties included redesign of UI and HUD for World of Tanks. Education
Full Sail University – Winter Park, FL
Bachelor of Computer Science, Game Art 02/2010 – 07/2012
• Lead 3D artist for the National Flight Academy (Full Sail Div.) for 6 months. Awards / Accomplishments
• September 16, 2018 – Kitty Hawk Launch Award, for Hard work and dedication creating the new Apple Maps.
• Outstanding Achievement Award from Full Sail University, featured in the 3D artist showcase by scoring a 90% on final project.
Bachelors computer science at Full Sail University