CG Generalist Student
JOSHUA A. BAUM
1130 Greensboro Lane, Sarasota, FL
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.joshbaumportfolio.com
Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, FL.
B.F.A. May 2019
Major: Computer Animation, G.P.A: 3.2/4.0
Scholarships: The Deans Scholarship and The Horizon Award Scholarship
Projected Senior Thesis: A two-minute film emphasizing visual storytelling, emotion, and character interaction.
ANIMATION / VISUAL ARTISTIC EXPERIENCE
Computer Animator/Modeler/lighter: Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, FL. 2015-Present
As part of Ringling’s vigorous coursework, produced several short exercises and scenes demonstrating weight, character emotion, and stories in Maya.
• Produced original animations: designed characters, storyboarded and sketched concepts, filmed references for animation, creating compelling emotions, and utilized the principles of animation.
• Modeled characters and environments: simple and effective characters, constructed believable environments and props, researched worlds and lighting, and appropriately lit scenes.
Concept Development: Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, FL. 2015-Present
As part of Ringling’s vigorous coursework, created multiple animatics reflecting storytelling, craftsmanship, and filming techniques.
· Character Design: created various character designs suited for each story, early stage character exploration, and explored character shape language.
· Animatics: Developed and pitched storyboards, collaborated with others, utilized filming techniques and camera angles, and practice in editorial work.
Three Village Central School District, Summer Recreational Program, East Setauket, N.Y. 2016
Camp Counselor for 2nd Graders.
· Supervised groups of children in organized activities including arts and crafts, sports, and indoor and outdoor activities.
· Collaborated with other counselors to develop engaging art activities for the children as well as ensuring the children’s health and safety.
· Communicated openly with children’s parents about daily activities and behaviors.
Art Skills: Traditional/Computer Animation, 3D Modeling, Storyboard Art
Software Skills: Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere