Hi there! I just LOVE the synopses of your team members, and the diversity of your group. Your enthusiasm and creativity just ooze from the screen. I would love the opportunity to learn more about what you are looking for in the HR realm, as I believe that my experience and ability to build and scale an HR arm may be what you need to support meeting your operational needs. I’ve attached my resume content for your consideration (I know it’s kind of “stuffy”, but don’t let that mislead you – I do have a good sense of humor and believe strongly that is a must-have in the workplace).
I didn’t find HR or any similar category in the drop-down for Resume Category, but as it is a required field, I chose IT.
KAROLE STREU – 407-620-0655
4R Restaurant Group
Human Resources Manager | Winter Park, FL | November 2017 – Present
· Lead all things compliance in a young, growing company of 900 team members
· Created and/or modified employee handbook and HR programs including paid time off, structured interviews, management compliance training and drug testing.
· Modified PT/FT status procedures to help increase retention while simultaneously creating efficiencies for ACA compliance.
· Lead and mentor HR Team of five, including Recruiting, Benefits, & Payroll
· Guide and counsel field operations managers on team member relations issues
Hilton Grand Vacations (2010 – 2017)
Resort Director | Orlando,FL | November 2015 – November 2017
· Lead the overall operations of 504 suite luxury resort, directing the management of 6 department directors and 250 team members
Accountable for operations budgets, expenses, capital expenditures, customer service, owner and member satisfaction, team member engagement, property management and all related initiatives, successfully reducing expenses while maintaining exceptional service, and team member satisfaction scores among the highest in the company.
Hilton Grand Vacations
Sr. HR Manager | Orlando & South Florida | January 2010 – November 2015
· Responsible for managing the day-to-day HR needs of one site, while providing leadership and guidance to operations business partners and 4 other Human Resources Managers at over 10 other resorts.
· Established and maintained strong working relationships with operations managers and business partners at all sites, as well as with HR Managers in different functional areas, including those outside of operations.
· Reviewed and implemented revisions to multiple processes and practices, including the company’s compensation structure, time and attendance tracking, PTO processing, disciplinary process, and cash-handling procedures, which were later adopted company-wide.
Holiday Inn – Intercontinental Hotels Group (1988 – 2009)
Regional Human Resources Director & Corporate Field Consultant
Orlando, FL | May 1999 – December 2009
· One of three Human Resources Field Consultants partnering with corporate HR in leading Human Resources functions and initiatives for over 150 properties throughout the United States.
· Lead and conducted investigations, prepared position statements in response to EEOC claims, counseled and guided General Managers and Senior Executives in employee relations issues.
· Conducted management training throughout the company.
· Chosen to represent HRD’s at Corporate for several initiatives, and appointed to champion those and other initiatives rolled out to the field, including FLSA reviews, new payroll systems, performance management processes.
· Part of the specialized teams to transition hotels in and out of the system
· Provided guidance and support to VP of Operations, General Managers and HR Directors
· Simultaneously responsible for all Human Resources functions for 650 room resort, 250 employees, HR staff of 3, guiding and coaching managers and executives in HR matters, while providing support and counseling for associates.
Holiday Inn – Intercontinental Hotels Group
Human Resources Director & Area Training Manager
Orlando, FL | March 1988 – May 1999
· Directed Human Resources issues for 6 Florida, 2 New Orleans properties and the Charleston Mills House
· Oversaw management recruiting for Florida
· Created and delivered training for six Florida properties. Needs assessments, planning, design and implementation of internal and external training programs.
· Systematically reduced turnover from 102% in 1998 to 31% in 2008.
· Assisted in Compensation and Benefits responsibilities in manager’s absence, as well as perform annual enrollments for insurance and SRP. Assist in all other areas of the office, including payroll and recruiting.