Peter K. Yim
8443 Bermuda Dunes Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
M.Ed. Specialization in Education, University of Maryland, College Park, MD (MCERT), August 2014
B.A. Imaging and Digital Art, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD, May 2004
Security “D” License. Invictus Security & Firearms Training, Melbourne, FL, July 2018
Professional Artist/Figure Painter, Self-Employed, Orlando, FL, August 2018 – Present
· Peggy Crosby Gallery showing at the Orlando Museum of Art.
· Exhibited Works at the Winter Park Arts Festival.
· Exhibited Works at the Maitland Rotary Art Festival.
· Volunteered part-time at the local Salvation Army Elderly Housing Cafeteria and Homeless Soup Kitchen.
High School Digital Design (CTE) Teacher, Olympia High School, Orlando, FL, August 2017 – June 2018
· Earned a total 88% pass rate for Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop industry certification in all my CTE classes.
· Developed/taught creative digital art using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and contemporary art units, resources, power point presentations, and assessments with Universal Design for Learning Guidelines 2.0.
· Collaborated with the school’s art department, and was able to win numerous awards at local art exhibitions.
Middle School ESE/EBD Support, Creekside Middle School, Port Orange, FL, August 2016 – June 2017
Summer School ESE/EBD Support, New Smyrna High School, New Smyrna Beach, FL, June 2016 – August 2017
· Assisted in creative and culturally relevant education units for 6th – 9th grade complete with resources, power point presentations, formative and summative assessments, math, science, English, and history lessons
· Focused on rapport building techniques to establish close knit relationship and trust with students suffering from severe emotional/behavioral disabilities. For example, I engaged students in creative and relaxing arts activities with exhibitions throughout the year to showcase our students’ contribution to art in the community.
· Used a variety of classroom management strategies to create a kind, caring, and safe learning environment.
High School TV/DV Production Teacher, Pine Ridge High School, Deltona, FL, August 2015 – June 2016
· Taught students how to use TV/digital video production equipment and advanced computer editing software to create an award winning school newscast with regular monthly school wide student viewership.
· Attended professional development trainings, such as CHAMPS, and wrote lesson plans providing training content and testing documents from the County’s GMetrix website to get students industry certified in Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects, increasing their job market value.
· Regularly produced and directed videos for afterschool activities and events that would later be made into DVD disks or other promotional materials to be sold at school functions and fundraisers.
High School Art Teacher, DuVal High School, Lanham, MD, August 2014 – June 2015
· Taught Studio Art where my students created observational drawings and paintings demonstrating fine arts making techniques.
· Taught students how to use the art elements and principles of design. They used verbal and written critiques to defend or challenge the use of art elements and principles of design in their work.
· Students advanced their understanding of various tools and techniques, such as charcoal, conte crayons, pastels, tempera, and acrylic paint.
- 3D Modeling
- Character Design
- Concept Art
- Game Design
- graphic design
- Video Editing