CELL (407) 832-4903 • E-MAIL PhillipMcGrew@Outlook.com • PORTFOLIO PhillipMcGrew.com
Enthusiast designer with Unity 2018 experience. Working knowledge of lighting, terrain, particle effects, post-processing stack, Cinemachine, etc. Previously designed multiplayer maps for Unreal Tournament using UDK toolset. Passionate gamer able to balance workload with time and quality expectations.
Bachelor of Science – Political Science
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL – Graduated 2012
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certification
- FSU Center for Intensive English Studies, Tallahassee, FL – Completed 2013
- Unity 2018
- Asana (JIRA)
- Adobe Premiere/Photoshop
Geek Squad – Consultation Agent
- March 2017 – Present, Atlanta, Georgia Job
- emphasizes intuitive, well-planned documentation to ensure work is done accurately in spite of fast-paced environment.
Attic Door Media – Podcast Co-host
- January 2017 – Present, https://atticdoormedia.com/pages/balmora-brothers
- Media and pop culture podcast. Performed writing, hosting, and editing duties. Utilized team collaboration software Asana to coordinate work with site owner and cohost.
MetalArcade.net – Writer
- 2012 – 2015, Articles archived at phillipmcgrew.com/articles
- Wrote, edited, and published review articles and opinion pieces along with a team of contributors. Other duties included SEO as well as communication with publishers and marketing personnel regarding review samples.
Anglo Palacio & 4D Content English – CAE & Business English Teacher
- 2014, Montevideo, Uruguay
- Taught English to youth in traditional academic setting. Also taught conversational and business English to government and private sector clients.
- Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Unity 2018
- Unreal Development Kit
Summer 2009 - May 2012
Bachelor's Degree at Florida State Univeristy
Major in Political Science, Minor in Film Studies, member of FSU Marching Chiefs.