SANTIAGO A. ROIG
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
· Three years of professional software development experience with Harris Corporation working on large-scale code projects with a team of developers resulting in an understanding of proper software development processes in a team environment.
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming languages including Java, C#, Python, and many other OO languages.
· Self-motivated developer with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and workflows.
· Experience working in a team atmosphere both in industry and in extracurricular activities resulting in strong leadership and communication skills.
Bachelor of Science, Software Engineering (GPA: 3.7)
Florida Institute of Technology
Visual Studios (.NET), Eclipse, Android Studio, Unity 3D, Netbeans, Excel Visual Basic, NetBeans, SQL Server Management Studio
3D Design Tools
Gimp, Blender, Substance Designer, Autodesk Maya
GitHub, Git, Clearcase, Clearquest, TortoiseSVN, SVN, Apache Maven
April 2013 – January 2017
Software Technician III
· Collaborate with team of developers, program managers, and systems engineers to support maintenance of product being used by law enforcement around the country.
· Implement changes to existing code base to ensure that baseline is stable and ready for the next release to the customer.
· Supported development of functional test scripts allowing for automated tests on the systems components to be run.
· Work with configuration management and integration engineers to ensure code is stable for integration with project baseline.
· Supported HBX team’s lean-six sigma business model by developing software which automate processes, saving time and money for company.
· Contributed software engineering expertise in the development of products through the software lifecycle, from requirements definition through successful deployment.
· Excelled in rapid application development of web applications used internally by program management teams to better organize their project.
· Focused on improving User Experience of all software by minimizing number of actions users must take in order to complete their goal.
· Created custom Microsoft Excel plugins leading to increased cost savings by reducing time required for program finance analysts to complete tasks.
January 2017 – Present
· Provide services to client that include developing, testing, documentation, and training software applications in accordance with specifications provided by client.
· Design and develop testing suite that speeds up development process by quickly finding bugs and incorrect data from database.
· Support scaling clients’ web application that is used by companies around the country to track facility management systems.
· Work remotely with clients’ team to support products provided by company.
Squishy Squid Game Studios
Founder & Team Lead
· Assign coding tasks to various team members. Work with team’s artist to generate a pipeline for content into Unity projects.
· Direct Team meetings to check on progress and plan code direction resulting in a smooth workflow and a steady stream of results.
· Lead developer in charge of developing algorithms for procedural terrain system API for use inside of Unity3D
Virtual Reality Flight Simulator
Senior Capstone Project
· Led a team of software engineers to develop a 3D flight training simulation.
· Facilitated team meetings to ensure that each member was on track to meet the Milestone deadline.
· Explored virtual reality’s potential as a viable training environment.
· Recognized by computer science department as standout keystone project.
Pi Kappa Alpha Recruitment Chairman
· Managed a budget of $5,000 to plan recruitment events.
· Organized recruitment events for 60+ interested potential new members.
· Successfully recruited the largest recruitment class in ten years (32 new members).
Florida Tech Soccer Club President
· Managed a budget of $10,000 to plan practices, games, and school events.
· Founded club in the spring of 2016.
· Managed 25 players to complete a successful inaugural season in NIRSA League.
08/13 - 12/17
Software Engineering at Florida Institute of Technology
Masters Computer Science at Florida Institute of Technology
Focus on computer graphics.
04/14 - 01/17
Software Technician at Harris Corporation
02/17 - present
Software Consultant at GrepBox