2301 Vanderbilt University, PMB 352663, Nashville TN 37235; (615)-243-8259; firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE To utilize my experience to obtain an internship as a game designer
EDUCATION Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 2018 May
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science & Studio Art
Current GPA: 3.8/4.0
INTERNSHIP Game Design Intern, Netease Game, Hangzhou 2016 May – July
· Designed and wrote the history of the new map for a mobile MMOFPS Eternal Frontier.
· Designed, wrote and implemented the new storylines on the map.
· Created and implemented 2 new types of quest in the story lines.
· Wrote and designed an original 100-chain quest line for training purpose and went through 3 times of iteration for perfection and changes.
· Eternal Frontier website: yhbj.163.com/
Game System Design Intern, Baitianinfo Ltd, Guanzhou 2015 May – Aug
· Designed gaming systems for the first mobile game Baitian made, Sanguo.
· Worked with and coordinated among teammates in a team of 15, accumulated experiences in:
o Writing formal and systematic game design documents for gaming systems as well as game mechanics
o Using Axure RP to quickly prototype gaming system
o Learned to express idea clearly to both programmers and graphic designer and coordinate them with each other to realize designer’s idea
o Improve target functions quickly through prototyping
· Sanguo website: http://www.172tt.com/jszb/
PROJECTS Indie PC Game Development, Weakling 2016 Oct – now
· Designing and building a 2-D platform stealth game named Weakling on myself
· Built whole game up on the idea of dynamicity, design document shown here: https://github.com/diaosuyidsy/Weaklings/tree/master/Design
Indie Mobile Games Design 2012 – 2014
· Designed, built and launched an IOS game called Alpaca Village as a designer
· Lead and executed an end-to-end game making process and accumulated experiences in:
o Facilitating extensive brainstorming to come up with multiple game ideas
o Quickly developing prototypes and figuring out how to fix and improve on it
o Designing the game data and changing it repeatedly while testing the balance of the game
o Testing bugs on both programming level and on design level
· PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE: Unity/C#, Java, C/C++, Android, SQL, Matlab
· GRAPHIC DESIGN EXPERIENCE: Photoshop, Sai
· PROTOTYPING EXPERIENCE: Axure RP, Excel, Behavior Tree