As a passionate storyteller with over a decade of experience in game and video production, I am seeking to combine my background in developing and producing content and projects with my soon-to-be earned Master of Arts degree in Design Management. I enjoy helping teams stay organized and solving complex issues through research, design, communication, and execution. I am a self-starting, innovative design thinker who is eager to gain project management experience in a larger studio setting.
Imp House Games | Project Manager/Creative Producer Fort Worth, TX | 2011 – Present
- Project Shepherd: Developing and maintaining detailed project schedules to ensure milestones are met. Communicating and collaborating with artists, designers, vendors, and clients ensuring information and materials are correct and accounted for.
- Problem Solver: Conducting research, testing, and development of game projects. Designing and producing game components, instructional documents, and videos based on research insights and design goals. Working with factories and logistics companies to manufacture and ship products globally.
- Storyteller: Developing original intellectual properties for game projects. Providing creative direction to artists and designers to enhance the theme and immersion of the gameplay experience.
- Marketer & Ambassador: Presenting and exhibiting at pop culture and game conventions around the U.S. Developing and implementing online social marketing, advertising, and sales materials for promotion of crowdfunding campaigns and products.
Sideshow Collectibles | Multimedia Department Manager Thousand Oaks, CA | 2005 – 2011
- Director & Producer: Conceptualized and produced video productions, print projects, and online multimedia events. Conducted live events, presentation panels, and booth experiences at the San Diego International Comic-Con and Star Wars Celebration conventions.
- Project Shepherd: Acted as the “go to” person for all multimedia projects throughout each project’s life cycle. Designed and created over 1,000 unique pieces of marketing content in a 6-year span, working with licenses such as Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney.
- Cross-Functional Communicator: Collaborated with company stakeholders, creative director, and department managers to initiate projects and coordinate efforts toward company goals. Conducted weekly status meetings with core team and company leads. Tracked and maintained project timelines while proactively calling out conflicts and opportunities.
- Team Leader & Mentor: Managed the efforts of filmmakers, motion graphic artists, graphic designers, writers, actors, and interns. Helped them navigate both work and personal problems.
Visual Eyes Productions | Editor/Designer/Project Coordinator Westlake Village, CA | 2001 -2005
- Projects: Performed a wide range of jobs for video productions, photo shoots, live events, and interactive projects. Was involved in all aspects of the agency process, including planning and scheduling.
- Clients: Johnson & Johnson, Baush & Lomb, United States Air & Missile Defense, DARPA, Chrysler
EDUCATION & HONORS
MA: Design Management
Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)
Expected Graduation Date: May 2019
California Lutheran University (CLU)
Featured Presenter – SCAD Career Fair 2019
- Developed a dynamic and engaging “Creative Crowdfunding” workshop, outlining successful strategies for campaigns. Presented at the college’s largest recruitment event. Offered insight into business practices and management tactics to students and alumni interested in building their entrepreneurial careers.
Project Planning & Tracking | Team Leader & Mentor | Design Thinking | Presentation Building | User-Centered Design | UX Research | Cross-Functional Communication | Product Design | Art Direction | Storytelling | Video Production | Photography | Game Design
TeamGannt | Excel | Word | Power Point | Keynote | Basecamp | Project | Trello | Slack | Realtime Board | MacOS | Photoshop | Illustrator | InDesign | Acrobat | Sketch | WordPress | Final Draft | Scrivener | Premiere | After Effects | Audition | Media Encoder
Aug 1998 - June 2002
BA: Multimedia at California Lutheran University
Dec 2017 - May 2019
MA: Design Management at Savannah College of Art and Design